The View from Newfoundland #4

Newfoundland, over the last couple of days, has been hit by a cold front! We had wind warnings, gusts up to 93 km/h, temperatures of -25C with the wind chill, with huge swells, high tides and waves. These are the types of days that I like to stay indoors if possible! This is my 2nd winter back on the island after being away for many, many years and I still have adjustment issues with the cold! I’m trying but brrrrrrrrrrr!

While it has been too cold to venture too far (for me anyways), today the beauty of the weather surfaced.  It was calm, sunny and a beautiful, icy, winter wonderland, ending with an amazing sunset.  Here are some of my pictures of my own personal “Frozen”.

Enjoy 🙂

DD

wordpress visitors

Advertisements

8 thoughts on “The View from Newfoundland #4

1. koolaidmoms December 30, 2015 / 7:01 pm

Ouch! That’s cold! I can’t imagine being there. I hibernate when the temperatures get below 0 F here. I would be locked away all winter there!

Liked by 1 person

• DD December 30, 2015 / 7:39 pm

Hahaha! I’m the same way! When it is a nice day, I certainly appreciate it more that is for sure 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Barbara December 30, 2015 / 7:51 pm

Love your beautiful pictures but glad for our unusually warm East TN weather.

Liked by 1 person

• DD December 30, 2015 / 8:37 pm

I love the warm but also love the rugged beauty of Newfoundland in the winter 🙂

3. New Journey December 31, 2015 / 4:31 pm

Beautiful pictures and just alittle snow and ice…LOL I love sunset pictures….the muffins sound delicious…Happy New Year…..may the sun shine up on your new year….kat

Liked by 1 person

• DD January 4, 2016 / 8:00 pm

Thanks Kat! Happy New Year to you too! We are definitely snowed in now…fresh snow almost daily 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. LickYourPlate January 1, 2016 / 3:48 pm

Beautiful! Love the ones of the rocks on the beach covered with ice and snow.

Liked by 1 person

• DD January 4, 2016 / 7:59 pm

Thanks! It was such a gorgeous day!

Would love to hear your comments!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s