Around the Bay with DD gets Married 💜

My husband and I recently tied the knot and it was a complete surprise to everyone except the people who attended!   Both sets of parents were in attendance as well as my sister-in-law and her family.  That’s it!  and we could not have asked for a more perfect day! My husband and I always said that when we finally did get married, and it did take us awhile 🙂 that it would be a small, private, at home ceremony and we stayed true to ourselves and did exactly that!

We decided on the wedding date Easter weekend and from there it was full steam ahead….the wedding was planned in 8 days! With the help of my amazing husband for helping get everything ready, to the help of my mom with the cooking, we managed to have an amazing wedding. Tears were shed, hugs and kisses were given, food was eaten, toasts were cheered, memories were made and love and happiness surrounded all on a snowy April afternoon ❤

The ceremony was so special and so emotional that I will keep those pictures for ourselves but here are some memories I wanted to share….and my husband would like to remain behind the scenes so I found the most obscure picture and it was “approved” for posting! 🙂

So very happy, so very blessed…..so very married!!! 🙂  Loving this life “Around the Bay

Check out my Pinterest Board “Wedding LOVE” for a lot of ideas, especially nautical inspired wedding pins.

DD

wordpress visitors

Advertisements

10 thoughts on “Around the Bay with DD gets Married 💜

1. LickYourPlate April 12, 2016 / 9:12 pm

Congratulations! Looks like a beautiful day. You look fabulous!

Liked by 1 person

• DD April 12, 2016 / 10:47 pm

Thank you! 🙂

2. Andrea April 13, 2016 / 10:08 am

Many congratulations to you both!

Liked by 1 person

• DD April 13, 2016 / 3:35 pm

Thanks so much Andrea! 🙂

3. Jocelyn April 13, 2016 / 12:48 pm

Feels weird to say congratulations to you here, but what the heck! CONGRATULATIONS! Was so surprised! You must have had a secret pinterest board! So happy for you guys, look forward to seeing more photos in the future. Take good care of each other and enjoy this special time xoxo

Liked by 1 person

• DD April 13, 2016 / 3:33 pm

Hahaha! Thanks Jocelyn! ❤ It was a big surprise to a lot of people! I did have a secret board “Wedding LOVE” that I just made public the other day. I knew if I started pinning a bunch of wedding ideas, L would have starting asking questions! LOL I have a private page on facebook with personal pictures…I’ll add you to that 🙂 You’ll get a notification to accept. xoxoxo Take care!

4. Sheila reeves April 13, 2016 / 1:53 pm

Congratulations to you both from kitimat. We are friends of lori and Jamie and I have been following your blog for some time. Thanks for sharing pictures of your special day.

Liked by 1 person

• DD April 13, 2016 / 3:30 pm

Thanks Sheila! Nice to have friends from Kitimat following our goings on “Around the Bay” in Newfoundland! 🙂

5. Sophie April 14, 2016 / 12:13 pm

Great !! I love the story of your wedding and can easily imagine how surprised your friends must have been! Congratulations on your Big Yes !!

Liked by 1 person

6. DD April 14, 2016 / 12:28 pm

Thanks Sophie!!! 🙂

Would love to hear your comments!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s